Listed below are various technical topics I have composed.
Click here for basic engine technical Information
- Several short basic Olds V8 engine technical articles.
Click on the underlined topic to see more.
Advanced Engine Technical Information
- Information on the Olds V8 oiling system, improvements, bearing and piston clearances, etc.
GM Computer Command Control Info
- This page gives information on the workings of GM's CCC computerized carburetor system, as well as some information on the lockup torque converters in the 2004R and 700R4 transmissions.
GM In tank electric fuel pump information
- This page shows how I installed a GM EFI type in-tank electric fuel pump in my '86 Cutlass.
GM Engine oil cooler information
- I installed a Mocal engine oil cooler and oil thermostat on my '86 Cutlass. This link will take you to the '86 Cutlass engine and drive train page showing the installation.
on polyurethane bushings for the upper and lower control arms of GM coil spring live rear axles.
Basic airflow Information
- This article will illustrate some basic air flow principles, and will help you better understand how air flows through an engine.
Cast? Billet? Forged?
- This article explains what they really mean.
Installing an Olds small block or big block V8 into a G-body - information on 2 popular swaps. How to do it RIGHT, and still keep all your creature comforts.
Olds block strength differences - information on the windowed, standard, diesel, and NASCAR Olds blocks.
Modified Edelbrock Torker Intake - information on how I ported my intake to eliminate the four "kinked" runners.